What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is an opportunity for baptized Christians to learn more about what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. When a person is baptized, our Heavenly Father forgives our sins, rescues us from death and the devil, and gives us His Holy Spirit to enact faith in their hearts and lives. Confirmation is an opportunity for that person to publicly acknowledge God’s gifts received in Baptism and confirm this faith before the church. If you are interested in Confirmation or about being baptized please contact Pastor Aaron or the church office at 253-941-3000;
Who is Confirmation For?
Confirmation is for baptized followers of Jesus looking to learn more about the gift of faith with the culmination of publicly confessing it among our local body of believers. With Confirmation comes the commitment not only to life as a follower of Jesus but also to being an active member of the church.
Historically at St. Luke's, this is for middle school to high school aged youth (7th-9th grades) but is open to anyone. Please contact Pastor Aaron to learn more at 253-941-3000 or .
What Does Confirmation Look Like at St. Luke’s?
2019-2020 Memory Verses
Core I - "The Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” - Romans 10:11
Core II - "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." - Psalm 139:13-14
Core III - "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" - Matthew 7:11
Core IV - "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace. - 1 Peter 4:10
Core V - "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
Core VI - "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8
Core VII - "If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep." - 1 Corinthians 15:19-20
Core VIII - "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9
2019-2020 Schedule of Classes and Retreat
- Sep. 29: CORE Class I in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Oct. 13: CORE Class II in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Oct. 27: CORE Class III in Room 31 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Nov. 24: CORE Class IV in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Dec. 15: CORE Class V in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Jan. 12: CORE Class VI in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Jan. 26: CORE Class VII in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Feb. 23: CORE Class VIII in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- March 15: CORE Class IX in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- March 27-29: Confirmation Retreat
- April 26: CORE Class X in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- May 10: Review Day in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- May 17: Confirmation Exam in Room 311 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Jun. 7: Confirmation Brunch in Room 311 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Jun. 7: Confirmation Sunday in Worship Center @ 10:45 a.m.