Chapter 13 – The King Who Had It All
1. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
2. What is the difference between wisdom and intellect or knowledge?
3. How was Solomon’s reign different than his...
Chapter 12 – The Trials of a King
1. Tell the story of David, Uriah, and Bathsheba.
2. What was the story Nathan told to David? (2 Samuel 12:1-6; The Story, p. 163)
3. How did God use Nathan to help David realize...
Chapter 11 – From Shepherd to King
David seemed an unlikely choice to be king. Why did God choose him? (1 Samuel 16:5-7; The Story, p. 145)
Describe an experience when God chose you even though you were an unlikely...
Chapter 10 – Standing Tall, Falling Hard
What was Hannah’s prayer and how did God answer her? (1 Samuel 1:9-20; The Story, p. 130)
What was Hannah’s response to answered prayer? (1 Samuel 1:21-28; The Story...
Chapter 9 – The Faith of a Foreign Woman
1. Ruth left her homeland to be with Naomi. How would this have affected her life in that time and culture?
2. Describe a time where you trusted in God through a big change in your...