Chapter 11: From Shepherd to King
Chapter 11 – From Shepherd to King
- David seemed an unlikely choice to be king. Why did God choose him? (1 Samuel 16:5-7; The Story, p. 145)
- Describe an experience when God chose you even though you were an unlikely candidate.
- What led David to do battle against Goliath? (1 Samuel 17:4-32; The Story, p. 148)
- Why was David confident to fight the giant when soldiers were filled with fear?
- King Saul tried many times to kill David. How did David respond?
- How does God enable you to respond in the face of discord and disagreement?
- What was the promise God made to David? (1Chronicles 17:16-27; The Story, p. 159-160)