Chapter 23: Jesus' Ministry Begins
Chapter 23 - Jesus’ Ministry Begins
1. What did people see and hear at Jesus’ baptism? (The Story, p. 322; Matthew 3:13-17)
2. Describe the temptations that Jesus experienced in the wilderness and how He responded to each. (The Story, p. 322-323; Matthew 4:1-11)
3. What similar temptations does Satan use today and how do you battle against them?
4. One person invited another as Jesus called them to follow Him. (The Story, p. 324-325; John 1:35-51) Who has God put in your life who needs an invitation to know Jesus?
5. What does it mean to be born again? (The Story, p. 326; John 3:1-18) What was Jesus’ invitation?
6. Jesus knows you intimately, as He did the Samaritan woman. (The Story, p. 328-329; John 4:1-42) How is this a comfort and a blessing?
7. Jesus often spent time alone in prayer. (The Story, p. 330; Mark 1:35) How has your relationship with God deepened in prayer?