Chapter 25: Jesus, the Son of God
Chapter 25 – Jesus, the Son of God
1. Jesus asked the disciples, “Who do people say I am?” What do people today say about Jesus? How do you respond?
2. When Jesus was transfigured on the mountain what did God the Father say about Jesus? (The Story, p. 354; Matthew 17:1-8) How do we listen to Jesus?
3. What was Jesus’ mission on earth? (The Story, p. 356-357; John 7:37-45, John 8:12-14, 31-32)
4. Jesus said, “before Abraham was born, I am.” What did Jesus mean and why was this upsetting to the religious leaders? (The Story, p. 358; John 8:48-59)
5. Jesus told Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life.” (The Story, p. 359; John 11:25) What was Jesus saying about himself? Why is this important for us today?
6. How would you respond to the question, “How do you know Jesus is God?”
7. As Jesus rode into Jerusalem, people yelled, “Hosanna to the Son of David.” How is Jesus’ life on earth different than that of other kings we have read about?
...these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. - John 20:31