Chapter 26: The Hour of Darkness
Chapter 26 – The Hour of Darkness
1. Describe the act of service of Jesus as the Passover meal was about to begin. (John 13:1017; The Story, p. 368) What makes it difficult for you to serve others?
2. In chapter 4 of The Story, we read of the first Passover. How was this Passover different? (The Story, p. 369; Matthew 26:26-29) What impact does this have for us today?
3. Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Why is this an important truth? (The Story, p. 370; John 14:6)
4. In what ways do we deny Jesus?
5. Even in His agony, Jesus’ heart was for others. How was this as He hung on the cross? (The Story, p. 378-279; John 19:25-27; Luke 23:33-43)
6. Jesus said, “It is finished!” (The Story, p. 380; John 19:30) What is finished, and why is this so very important for us?
7. Where do we see God keeping promises He has already made?