Lent Study: The God of the Lord's Prayer - Week 2
The God of the Lord’s Prayer
March 17 - Week 2
- What is the kingdom of God? Read 2 Samuel 7:12, 16 and Isaiah 9:7.
- When did the promised kingdom come? Read Mark 1:15 and Colossians 1:13-14.
- How was the kingdom of God misunderstood? Read Mark 10:35-42; Luke 17:20-21 John 6:15; John 18:33-40.
- What do we ask for when we say, “Thy kingdom come”? Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 9:38; Romans 14:17; Philippians 3:20
- When will the kingdom be fully realized? Revelation 11:15; Revelation 21:1-4
- How does Romans 14:17 describe God’s kingdom and reign?
- Read Luke 12:22-31. What does Jesus tell His disciples to do? How do we become distracted by the things of this earth? How do we show our lack of trust?
- What is the will of God? Read John 6:38-40 and 1 Timothy 2:3-6. How is God’s kingdom reign related to the will of God?
- What do these verses say about the will of God?
1 Thessalonians 5:18
1 Peter 2:15
2 Peter 3:9
- Read Exodus 20:1-17. How does this help us in understanding God’s will?
- What are the hindrances to God’s will being done?
- How do you, as a child of God, know God’s will for your life? How do you make decisions according to His will?
- In what area of your life do you struggle with following God’s will?
- Identify one person who needs to hear about Jesus. Pray for him/her and seek God’s guidance to share.