Lent Study: The God of the Lord's Prayer - Week 5
The God of the Lord’s Prayer
April 7 – Week 5
- How do you determine what is good and what is evil?
- What evils are evident in our generation?
- In conversing with friends, family, and associates, what do people consider the source of evil?
- What does Paul say about temptation in 1 Corinthians 10:6-14?
- Read Matthew 4:1-11. Describe the temptation of Jesus. How did He overcome each time?
- How does evil affect your life? What are the things which try to lure you from God?
- What are some of the names for Satan and why does he concern himself with us?
2 Thessalonians 2:9
1 Peter 5:8
- Read Daniel 3. What was the evil faced in this chapter? What was the temptation? How did they resist?
- How does Proverbs 30:7-9 ask God to protect from temptation? What is the danger of temptation and evil to our faith life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:7-10. How do these words help when Satan and the evil of the world try to crush us?
- How does God’s Word help us in the struggle against evil?Hebrews 4:12
- What are the protections from evil that God has provided as listed in Ephesians 6:10-19?
- How does each passage from Psalms describe God’s as our Protector? Search for 5 additional verses in Scripture that describe our Protector God.
14. Ask God to give you wisdom and a discerning heart and for protection from anything that would lead you away from Him.