1. Read 2 Samuel 11 and 2 Samuel 12:1-14 as background to this Psalm.
2. What were the sins David committed in this story?
3. What was the result of Nathan’s message to King David?
4. When has God called you to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15)? Was it easy? What about for the one you shared with?
5. Read verses 16-17. What do these verses mean? Also see Hosea 6:6; Micah 6:6-8.
6. David appeals to God for forgiveness. On what merit?
7. David committed several sins in this story. What does he mean in Psalm 51:4?
8. What is David’s response to God’s forgiveness? (verses 13-15)
9. David feels the pain and gravity of his sin. How did God restore you when you felt the burden of sin?
10. How can we be assured of God’s forgiveness? See Ephesians 2: 4-10 and Hebrews 4:14-16.