Living life as a gift and a calling from God. John 10:10
Receiving and giving the love of God. Galatians 5:6
Learning and sharing the Word of God. 2 Peter 3:18
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Chapter 23 - Jesus’ Ministry Begins
1. What did people see and hear at Jesus’ baptism? (The Story, p. 322; Matthew 3:13-17)
2. Describe the temptations that Jesus experienced in the wilderness and how He responded to each...
Chapter 22 - The Birth of the King
1. What was the message God had for his people through John the Baptist? (The Story, p. 309; Matthew 3:1-3; Luke 3:1-17)
2. Mary had surprising news from the Angel Gabriel. What was her response to...
Psalm 38Reflection Questions
1. What is the result of sin with our relationship with God? Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23.
2. How does the psalmist describe how sin has affected his life?
3. Read the Psalm again. Who is talking to...
1. What five things do we ask of the Lord in the first two verses of this Psalm?
2. How is sorrow over sin described in verses 3-7?
3. Why is grass a picture of our humanity? See Isaiah 40:6-8 and 1 Peter 1:24-25.
4. Contrast the...
In verse one, the psalmist speaks of depths. In Hebrew, this refers to deep waters and the sense of sinking into the depths of the sea. What is it that threatens to crush the psalmist?
When have you felt...