Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Chapter 24 - No Ordinary Man
1. Jesus often taught in parables. In the first parable of this chapter, what are the four types of soil and what do they depict? (The Story, p. 335; Mark 4:1-20)
2. How do these aspects still get in the way...
Chapter 23 - Jesus’ Ministry Begins
1. What did people see and hear at Jesus’ baptism? (The Story, p. 322; Matthew 3:13-17)
2. Describe the temptations that Jesus experienced in the wilderness and how He responded to each...
Chapter 22 - The Birth of the King
1. What was the message God had for his people through John the Baptist? (The Story, p. 309; Matthew 3:1-3; Luke 3:1-17)
2. Mary had surprising news from the Angel Gabriel. What was her response to...
Psalm 38Reflection Questions
1. What is the result of sin with our relationship with God? Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23.
2. How does the psalmist describe how sin has affected his life?
3. Read the Psalm again. Who is talking to...
1. What five things do we ask of the Lord in the first two verses of this Psalm?
2. How is sorrow over sin described in verses 3-7?
3. Why is grass a picture of our humanity? See Isaiah 40:6-8 and 1 Peter 1:24-25.
4. Contrast the...