In verse one, the psalmist speaks of depths. In Hebrew, this refers to deep waters and the sense of sinking into the depths of the sea. What is it that threatens to crush the psalmist?
When have you felt...
Psalm 51Reflection Questions
1. Read 2 Samuel 11 and 2 Samuel 12:1-14 as background to this Psalm.
2. What were the sins David committed in this story?
3. What was the result of Nathan’s message to King David?
Psalm 32Reflection Questions
1. In verses 1 and 2, what is the blessing we receive from God?
2. The Apostle Paul refers to the beginning of Psalm 32 in Romans 4:1-8. What do we learn about the example...
Psalm 6Reflection Questions
1. Psalm 6 is a penitential psalm. (A psalm that expresses humble realization, sorrow, and regret for sin.) What is penitential about this psalm?
2. What might provoke the anger/wrath of the Lord?...
Chapter 21 - Rebuilding the Walls
1. What was Ezra’s role in Babylon and then in Jerusalem? (The Story, p. 291; Ezra 7:1-6)
2. How was God’s hand in the events of Ezra going to Jerusalem and the provision for them? (The...