Chapter 5: New Commands and New Covenant
Chapter 5 - New Commands and a New Covenant
1. When you hear “10 Commandments” what are your thoughts and impressions?
2. Why did God give the 10 Commandments? How are they helpful to community living?
3. While Moses was on Mt. Sinai receiving the 10 Commandments from God, what were God’s people doing?
4. What areas in your life are like idols - things that get in the way of being close to God?
5. The glory of the Lord filled the tent of meeting (Exodus 40; The Story, p. 69-70) with a visible cloud. How would this visible presence encourage people?
6. How does having God’s presence within us (Acts 7:48-50) encourage us?
7. God’s love and grace fills us; how does this spill out in our relationships with others?